What goals to achieve in the autumn
Summertime has hit us in Europe with a heat wave that has never been seen before. During the summer, where most people enjoy their vacations with family and friends, I always get some time to think and plan for the autumn. What goals do I have? What are the most important things I want to accomplish this fall? Is it milestones with a bigger goal or do I need to define separate goals? I need to stay focused on my goals.
This is my short list:
- More time with my children
- Run 10km in 50 minutes again.
The first goal is a long-term goal that I have worked with for the last year and has a deadline 1 January 2019. This has meant a lot of changes in my life, I have worked hard to change my work situation to stop commuting, prioritized some of my own activities and planned time with the family. A goal needs a deadline, and I will reevaluate the situation once I get all the tasks and milestones completed.
The other goal is something to push me back in training and a healthier lifestyle. This is set with a due-date in February and I have some work to do to get there.
The best thing with these goals is that they impact each other, getting healthier means more energy and focus to use in work and family life. Simple facts.
How do you stay focused on your goals?
I believe that there are simple keys to succeed with goals you want to accomplish. For me, the most important thing is to:
- Narrow down my list. Keep it short and focused, otherwise I always end up drowning in all the thing I would like to finish and nothing gets done. Keep it short and simple is my advice.
- Set deadlines and follow them. Once you get to the end of your time period, reevaluate and create new goals, in fact, the goal you did set could have been the wrong one and you needed to change other areas before working on that goal. Not able to reach a goal does not mean you failed. It means you learned.
- Be realistic, set goals that are achievable. You can still aim high enough.
- Share your goals with family and friends.
Finally, I really recommend using technology as a help to stay focused and organized. That is what NoLimit-app is about, the work is yours and we have a tool to help you stay focused on your goals.